Last Saturday I had the privilege to demo one of my favourite, and most frequently used crafting gadgets… the Cuttlebug, at The Craft Barn. Needless to say I had a ball. Thanks to all those who came and said ‘hi’ and welcome to any ‘newbies’.. great … you found my blog!!
Here’s a flavour of what I was up to.
For the first card I have used Mirri board to cover the card blank. I cut panels and rounded the corners. These I embossed using the Snowflake embossing folder. I cut and embossed the large Cuttlebug snowflake. I die cut some funky foam with the scalloped oval nestabilities . I glittered on parts of the embossed white panels, the large snowflakes and around the scalloped edges of the oval layer. I stamped ‘James’, coloured him with prismas/sansodor/paper stumps for the flesh and used cosmic shimmmer paints for everything else. I drew and added the Bell James is holding as I thought it would be more appropriate for the sentiment, which I cut using Go Kreate alphabet dies and more of that funky foam.
For this second card I used some beautiful paterened paper that is available at The Craft barn, the script paper is foiled and slightly embossed. This adorable bear is a Go Kreate die. he’s just right for Christmas dressed in his Winter woolies. I cut him using brown funky foam and a tiny bit of black funky foam for his nose. The sentiment is die cut again using the Go kreate alphabet, Amsterdam. I distressed the edges of the card using crimson copper dew drop ink.
I didn’t have time to finish this last card. Again I used ‘James’ such a great character for winter/Christmas cards. James is one of Christine Dark’s wonderful characters and part of the Kadoodle range. If you need some inspiration than look no further than Christine’s blog, such variety, such talent! (I may be a little bias… Chris is my buddy ;o)
This last card was a quickie. I cut the large circle using my Nestabilities, then embossed and glittered it. the coil for the bauble I drew straight onto the card blank. The silver top to the bauble I drew and cut out. James was stamped, coloured (prismas/sansodor/paper stumps) and cut out. He was then adhered using glue gel to add dimension. The card could do with a sentiment and I would have liked a ribbon bow on the coil of the bauble but I didn’t have any with me.
I have more demoing and teaching dates coming up in the new year… will keep you all posted.
Hope you are all having a good week